Rio Grande Turkey Hunts
Rio Grande turkey hunts in the Texas Panhandle are terrific in the spring!
TEXAS rio grande turkey hunts
You’ve found guided Texas Rio Grande Turkey hunts in the Texas Panhandle with meals and lodging included. Hunting is our only business and has been for more than 25 years.
No surprises here. References furnished on request.
Please note: We do not shoot our roosts. In order for each guest to enjoy the tremendous amount of Rio Grande turkeys that we hunt, each guide is responsible to Ken for bringing you out of the field each evening at a specified time BEFORE the birds fly back up into their roosts. Many of these roosts have been in our control for 15 or more years and protecting those roosts is essential to our business and your successful hunt. Please don’t ask the guides to continue hunting.
RIO GRANDE TURKEY HUNTS SUCCESS YEAR AFTER YEAR
Texas Rio Grande turkey hunts with AAO. Couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Roseann and her staff make you feel right at home with top notch hospitality, and absolutely amazing meals. Ken and his guides are knowledgeable and truly take care of you out in the field. Loved our time there – can’t wait to go back!
DETAILS ABOUT THE HUNT
$1,500 FOR TEXAS TROPHY WHITETAIL DEER HUNTS, PER HUNTER
WE CONTROL SOME OF THE LARGEST RIO GRANDE TURKEY ROOSTS IN TEXAS HOLDING UPWARDS OF 500 BIRDS AND HAVE HUNTED THEM FOR MANY YEARS.
- Up to 2 Rio Grande turkey gobblers per hunter
- 3 night’s lodging/2 full days of hunting
- All meals (served family style) from evening of arrival thru coffee on day of departure
- Semi-guided; welcome to do your own calling
- We will breast and do our best to freeze your game bird(s)
- Must have valid Texas Hunting License upon arrival (non-resident YOUTH license is just $7!) Link to online license ordering is on the PRICE LIST page of website
- Must provide your own personal gear and transportation to AAO; once at AAO transportation will be provided during your hunt
- Does not include any gratuity hunter wishes to leave for the staff
- Nearest airport, AMA (Amarillo, TX) served by Southwest, American and others
- $1,500 per hunter — THERE ARE NO TROPHY FEES OR ADDITIONAL CHARGES
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
TIPPING information (click here)
We don’t require tips though they are customary as with any service you are provided. Tips very much appreciated. The amount that you tip your guide/lodge staff usually depends on your level of satisfaction with them and the trip. A 10% to 20% tip of the hunting package is customary. When you offer your tip to the guide/lodge staff, please give cash.
If you share your tip with Ken he will divide the tip among all the staff fairly. If you are not planning on leaving a customary tip please talk to Ken or Roseann and let us know why.
About our area – things of interest – buy your hunting license
- Visit the magnificent Palo Duro Canyon State Park
- Best hunting socks from bison down Buffalo Gold HerdWear Store
- Buy your hunting license locally at Cornell’s Country Store
- Visit our famous spur maker/gun engraver Kevin Johnson
- Panhandle Weather Clarendon Weather
- Kenetrek Boots– a favorite with our hunters and staff
- King’s Camo– patterns and fabrics that WORK in our brushy country