Meals during your hunt with paired wines are meant to enjoy. Camo welcome at the dinner table!
What are we going to eat?
Roseann will create meals during your hunt at All American Outfitter featuring wild game, seasonal favorites and lots of warm hospitality.
Meals during your hunt are planned to delight your senses! In our happy kitchen we prepare veritable feasts for our hunters, you won’t go hungry here! Although the meals may look fancier than hunting camps you’re used to, feel free to stay in your camo after the hunt – we don’t stand on ceremony around here.
Meet my mentor!
I have been so privileged to prepare meals for our guests over the past 17 years and have learned a lot about the meals they like. Since 2004 Chef Jeff Moschetti has been an incredible friend and mentor – I’ve been taught by a James Beard Award nominee and benefited from his knowledge and genuine kindness toward me and our operation.
We live 55 miles from the nearest large grocery store in Amarillo so preparing your meals takes enormous planning and list making as long as your arm. Make sure you let me know in advance of any dietary restrictions you might have.
I hope you all will enjoy the meals during your hunt with us – if you have special dietary requirements I’ll try to meet them, just let me know about 30 days ahead of your arrival. If you want a recipe, just ask – I’m happy to share just as my dear friend, ChefJeff has shared with me.
INTERESTING FRESH DISHES PREPARED JUST FOR YOU
Paired wines are included with your evening meals.
About our area – things of interest – buy your hunting license
- Visit the magnificent Palo Duro Canyon State Park
- Best hunting socks from bison down Buffalo Gold HerdWear Store
- Buy your hunting license locally at Cornell’s Country Store
- Visit our famous spur maker/gun engraver Kevin Johnson
- Panhandle Weather Clarendon Weather
- Kenetrek Boots– a favorite with our hunters and staff
- King’s Camo– patterns and fabrics that WORK in our brushy country
MEET THE STAFF – BEHIND THE SCENES
ROSEANN MAYER, EXECUTIVE CHEF
Wife, mother, grandmother and chef at All American Outfitter. She loves her Chef role at the lodge. Her life as Chef and Marketing Director for All American Outfitter since 2002 has proven challenging and rewarding. She can whip up some Texas hospitality for sure!
CHARLIE SMITH, CHEF
Sous Chef Charlie Smith has been in the kitchen with Roseann since 2011 and assists with the great meals you will enjoy. Charlie was the named chef at the lodge in late 2020 as he’s proven himself skilled in the kitchen.
- Egg burritos, or Sausage-egg biscuits, or Egg croissants
- Overnight Maple oatmeal
- Egg & apple wood-smoked bacon ramekins
- Muffins and more – breakfast is light and snack basket is full of goodies to pack your pockets well. Hot lunches (large portions) are served around Noon each day. We have found that most hunters prefer the light breakfasts to a heavy one.
- Homemade wild game lasagna, sweet corn pudding
- Elk or Duck Burgers
- New Mexico specialties like Mark Miller’s Posole and Santa Fe School of Cooking’s Green Chile Stew served with warm flatbread or tortillas and a green salad
- Scratch Chicken Pot Pie with puff pastry crust
- Hatch green chili Chicken Spaghetti
- King Ranch Casserole, Poppy seed Chicken, Venison Stroganoff and Venison meat loaf with Pomegranate molasses glaze can also be luncheon fare
- Cracked Black Pepper crusted prime rib, truffle mashed potatoes & green bean bundles served with Sis’s yeast rolls
- Coriander duck breast with Maple glaze, green chile cheese grit soufflé, grilled fresh asparagus spears and Sis’s yeast rolls hot out of the oven!
- Gulf Red Snapper atop mascarpone risotto floating atop a lobster bisque
- Gingered rack of Venison with wasabi potatoes
- Pork tenderloin or pork chops with a Wild Plum-Red Wine reduction, macaroni and cheese, black-eyed peas fresh from local farmers with cheese rolls and apple pie for dessert.
- Quail in sherry sauce