Texas panhandle Mule Deer Hunts
What to expect
Texas mule deer hunts occur in the central Texas Panhandle. Booking for 2018 begins Feb. 2, 2018 for available spots. Primarily this is a spot and stalk hunt, but as trophy whitetails are also commonly in the rut during mule deer season, the chance of taking a trophy whitetail is also a possibility. We allow our mule deer hunters the option of taking either. We routinely take mule deer bucks weighing between 300-350 lbs with antler scores ranging from 155-185 B&C. We hunt several Panhandle ranches with hundreds of acres of mesquite flats, sage/grass canyons, and Cottonwood bottoms. We have been hunting most of these ranches for over 10 years! Check out our Texas Panhandle whitetail deer hunts.
We allow our mule deer hunters the OPTION of harvesting a whitetail buck OR a mule deer buck (since it’s usually during the whitetail rut) and in 2014, this bruiser above was harvested instead of a muley! And another 17 point whitetail that gross scores 184.75″ taken in 2015 by Paul Dillon!
Remember that some of our mule deer hunting guests elected to shoot whitetail deer in addition to or instead of a mule deer during their hunt – all photos are displayed of the harvests during the 16 day mule deer season.
Hunters on Texas mule deer hunts need the ability to shoot up to 150 yards or further with confidence, but longer range marksmanship ability will improve your chances of success significantly.
$4,200 for Texas mule deer hunts, PER HUNTER
USUALLY, NO MORE THAN 6-7 DEER HUNTERS IN CAMP AT ANY ONE TIME – Hunting is our ONLY business and has been for more than 20 years – check out the SCOUTING PHOTOS on our website.
Texas mule deer hunts include:
- Meals from evening of arrival thru lunch on day of departure (MEALS)
- 4 night’s lodging (DOUBLE OCCUPANCY in guest rooms) (LODGE)
- Semi-guided ( 2 hunters – 1 guide)
- Hunt includes quartering and freezing (when possible)
- Must present valid Texas Hunting License upon arrival (not included in above price)
- Must provide personal gear and transportation to AAO; once at AAO transportation will be provided during your hunt
- Does not include any gratuity hunter wishes to leave for the staff
- Nearest airport, AMA (Amarillo, TX) served by Southwest, Spirit, Delta, American and others
- THERE ARE NO TROPHY FEES OR ADDITIONAL CHARGES – there are no surprises here. References furnished upon request.
About our area – things of interest
- Clarendon Weather – a resource to check out our crazy Texas Panhandle Weather
- Kenetrek Boots – a favorite with our hunters and staff
- King’s Camo – patterns and fabrics that WORK in our brushy country