South Africa Details
BELOW IS A TON OF INFO WE SENT OUT FOR THE 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, & 2018 trips – there is lots of helpful information here, especially if it’s your first trip and/or have a non-hunting guest with you:
Information about 2019
Plan about 10 days to be away, including air travel. As far as costs – the $4,500 covers the cost of the hunt, including 5 animals (kudu, gemsbok, impala, blesbok and springbok), meals, lodging, moderate alcohol, and laundry service during the hunt, 6 days hunting, 7 nights lodging
OUR FINAL ESCORTED TRIPS SPECIALS!
- Airline tickets (checked Delta and SAA 2017 and price is running about $1650-1950 per person, Economy right now)- we use a travel agent who books flights for us if you are interested in coordinating air travel with the group.
- Overnight stay in Johannesburg – about $125 per person (includes airport p/u and return the next day to fly to Kimberley where the outfitter picks us up), dinner and breakfast and any bar costs
- Any extra animals you shoot (list at bottom of this page – PRICES MAY CHANGE – we will update these prices as we get them)
- Gratuity for PH’s and staff
- Taxidermy & freight back to the USA – CLICK HERE to see a 2015 Karoo Taxidermy Price list to get some idea of the cost of having your mounts done in South Africa – good for estimating overall cost of trip)
- Gun rental $100 per person plus ammo (if you’re not taking guns) OR gun permit costs/handling if you are taking guns (about $200 per person)
IF YOU WANT TO GO – DATES ARE ALREADY BEGINNING TO FILL (since we’re less than 12 months out, there’s been a great deal of response) You will need to let us know dates ASAP and send a $1,500 deposit per person to hold your spots.
IF YOU BOOK YOUR OWN AIRLINE TICKETS: You will need to coordinate with us on the roundtrip flight from JNB-KIM on South African Express airlines. You must be on specific flights with the rest of the group so that you can be picked up and returned with the group. It’s about 1.5 hours from KIM (Kimberley) to the lodge and only 1 trip is made to pick up guests each day.
Exchange rate in ZA is currently 13:1 – so your dollars will go farther! The animals pictured below are included in your $4,500 package:
Ken Mayer has been hunting Africa (dangerous and plains game) since 1978. All American Outfitter (Ken and Roseann Mayer) has been taking clients to hunt South Africa for plains and dangerous game since 2009. Our South Africa hunts are traditional, affordable, offering each hunter the ability to harvest trophy animals. That’s why we’re headed back in 2019!
WHY GO TO ZA WITH ALL AMERICAN?
- Hunted Africa since 1978
- Hunted with same outfitter, with our clients since 2009
- Ken & Roseann Mayer will be along with you on your trip to assist in any way possible
- Group airline reservations to and from the USA at competitive prices, airport transfers, gun permits, gun transfers in South Africa
- Each trip is carefully planned with the specific game you wish to hunt along with every detail imaginable – electrical adapters, wi-fi, comfortable clothing suggestions, and any questions you might have can be answered within minutes of asking. Detailed information about what to expect each day, food service, obtaining gun permits, etc.
- Exceptional trophy animals on every trip we’ve taken
- Reasonable price for the hunt of a lifetime
- Video some client hunts
- Create and send you a DVD at the end of your trip of all the game on the trips, lodging and meals
Animals, Daily Itinerary, Taking Electronics, Electric Adapters and MORE!!!!!!!!!! All part of our South Africa details about the trip page!
ANIMALS AND DAILY INFO
[googlepdf url=”https://aaoutfitter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/animals-and-daily-info.pdf” ]
This past summer, we saw and harvested top notch trophies — the staff was professional and personalized our hunt to our group’s requests. Was the trip fun, exciting, rewarding and more? YES! Would we recommend this outfitter to others? YES!
This hunt and this outfitter is for every hunter…the PRICE is right, the QUALITY of the game seen, harvested and maturing on the hunting ground was exceptional.
Details about getting your trophies back, cost and more!
[googlepdf url=”https://aaoutfitter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/details-about-cost-of-getting-trophies-back-and-MORE.pdf” ]
Additional animals can be taken for the trophy fees listed below – based on 2013 prices. You can TRADE OUT animals from your package to these, the trade out values are: Kudu $1000, Gemsbok $700, Blesbok $250, Impala $250 & Springbok $200
Here a few links to helpful information about our South Africa hunts:
- Afton Safari Lodge Where we stay in Johannesburg before leaving to fly the next day to Kimberley, ZA
- Weather in Douglas, South Africa A good resource to monitor the weather prior to departure – it’s winter there even though it’s summer in the USA
- Phone and MiFi device Our source for renting cell phones and mifi devices for a LESS EXPENSIVE alternative to US providers – we’ll give you instructions on how to purchase after you deplane in Johannesburg.
- Our Facebook page with lots of info about our South Africa hunts A place where we post information and photos of our hunters. When you hunt with us in South Africa we’ll post photos every day so your family and friends can keep up with your journey. LIKE the page and share it with your friends and family!