escorted south africa hunts
Plains game and dangergous game are both available on our South Africa hunts. Family friendly food and lodging with excellent game quality and density year after year.
PLAINS GAME & DANGEROUS GAME HUNTS IN SOUTH AFRICA
Ken and Roseann offer fully escorted safaris to South Africa and pleasure trips to Cape Town, Victoria Falls and the Chobe National Park. Ken has been hunting Africa since 1978.
Northern Cape Package $4,500. 5 animals pictured are included
$4,500 for 5 animal package – $1,350 for non-hunting guest. South Africa hunts are affordable! As far as costs – the $4,500 covers the cost of the hunt, including 5 animals (kudu, gemsbok, impala, blesbok and springbok), meals, lodging, moderate alcohol, and laundry service during the hunt, 6 days hunting, 7 nights lodging – you will be gone about 10 days total counting your flights.
We really didn’t expect to go back to South Africa in 2020 – and while we were in ZA this summer, we had 5 guests wanting to book in 2020 – so we ARE headed back and would love to have you join us.
Group 1: This year is going to be just a bit different – we will leave the USA with a group and go directly to Cape Town for 4 days, THEN go to the hunting lodge for 7 nights/6 days hunting.
Group 2: will arrive into the Ingwe hunting camp on July 8 and after that trip, if anyone wants to go, we are escorting a trip back to Victoria Falls, The Chobe National Park (largest elephant herds in Africa) and more on July 15. We will return to the USA on July 20.
Dates of Travel
LIMPOPO HUNTS IN 2020
WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY PLANNING TO BE IN THE LIMPOPO THIS SUMMER, however, we will be happy to arrange a trip for you!
LIMPOPO PRICING: The Limpopo hunt is a bit different – you pay a daily rate then pay for each animal you harvest highlighted in yellow below PLUS most of the other animals listed are available as well, some a bit higher in price than in the Northern Cape – best to visit with Ken before booking this hunt.
Limpopo Daily Rate (hunter): $450 Daily rate (non-hunter): $250
Here a few links to helpful information about our South Africa hunts:
- Afton Safari Lodge Where we stay in Johannesburg before leaving to fly the next day to Kimberley, ZA
- Weather in Douglas, South Africa A good resource to monitor the weather prior to departure – it’s winter there even though it’s summer in the USA
- Phone and MiFi device Our source for renting cell phones and mifi devices for a LESS EXPENSIVE alternative to US providers – we’ll give you instructions on how to purchase after you deplane in Johannesburg.
- Our Facebook page with lots of info about our South Africa hunts A place where we post information and photos of our hunters. When you hunt with us in South Africa we’ll post photos every day so your family and friends can keep up with your journey. LIKE the page and share it with your friends and family!
SOUTH AFRICA HUNTS WITH CLIENTS SINCE 2009
Great food, great accommodations and amazing people on South Africa hunts. Ken and Roseann are like family to us now! Top notch! (non-hunting guest in ZA 2017) Going back with us in 2020 with their son!
WANT TO SEE MORE AWESOME VIDEOS FROM OUR TRIPS INCLUDING ACTUAL HUNTS? Click here!
2018 VIDEO ABOUT THE HUNT
WHAT OTHER EXPENSES CAN I EXPECT?
- Airline tickets (approximately $2000-2500 per person, Economy right now)- we use a travel agent who books flights for us if you are interested in coordinating air travel with the group.
- Overnight stay in Johannesburg – about $150 per person (includes airport p/u and return the next day to fly to Kimberley where the outfitter picks us up), dinner and breakfast. Cash bar. Gun permits and gun transfers about $150 per gun.
- Any extra animals you shoot (list at bottom of this page – PRICES MAY CHANGE – we update prices as we get them)
- Gratuity for PH’s and staff – usually 10-15% of the entire hunt
- Taxidermy & freight back to the USA – We use Terry’s Taxidermy in Oklahoma City – CLICK LINK TO GET his prices too. Dipping and packing: estimated cost for the package listed above $150-200 per animal total which you won’t have to pay for, for 2-3 months after you’re back
Shipping of the dipped and packed animals: about $100 per animal – again, this is about 6 months after you have returned home
Import fee to Coppersmith: everyone has to pay this to get them back in the USA AFTER they have arrived back in USA, is less than $500 to get to your taxidermist and happens about 9 months after you have returned
- Gun rental $150 per person plus ammo (if you’re not taking guns) OR gun permit costs/handling if you are taking guns (about $200 per person) we assist with paperwork to get the gun permits
- IF YOU WANT TO GO on any of our South Africa hunts – DATES ARE ALREADY BEGINNING TO FILL, you need to let us know dates ASAP and send a $1,500 deposit* per person to hold your spots. (*deposits are non-refundable but can be used based on available space for a different date)
- IF YOU BOOK YOUR OWN AIRLINE TICKETS: You will need to coordinate with us on the round-trip flight from JNB-KIM on South African Express airlines. You must be on specific flights with the rest of the group so that you can be picked up and returned with the group. It’s about 1.5 hours from KIM (Kimberley) to the lodge and only 1 trip is made to pick up guests each day.
OPTIONAL ANIMALS PRICE LIST
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT? Additional animals can be taken for the trophy fees listed below – based on 2019 prices. You can TRADE OUT animals from your package to these, the trade out values are: Kudu $1000, Gemsbok $700, Blesbok $250, Impala $250 & Springbok $200
Prices below are subject to change without notice. We will update this list for 2020 ASAP!