40th Anniversary of South Africa hunts
Great food, great accommodations and amazing people on South Africa hunts. Ken and Roseann are like family to us now! Top notch! Jamie Daniel (non-hunting guest in ZA 2017)
south africa hunts are affordable!
In 2017 we took 123 game animals with 5 groups of hunters. Ken & Roseann will escort each group. SPECIALS – SURPRISES – GIFTS for our guests.
South Africa hunts are designed for every hunter. Join us in 2018! Click for FREE DVD of 2017 trip! Additional animals available with photos and prices – CLICK HERE for details. Scroll down to see actual videos of previous South Africa hunts-actual footage.
NORTHERN CAPE PRICING: South Africa hunts are affordable! As far as costs – the $4,500 covers the cost of the hunt, including 5 animals (kudu, gemsbok, impala, blesbok and springbok), meals, lodging, moderate alcohol, and laundry service during the hunt, 6 days hunting, 7 nights lodging – you will be gone about 10 days total counting your flights.
LIMPOPO PRICING: The Limpopo hunt is a bit different – you pay a daily rate then pay for each animal you harvest highlighted in yellow below PLUS most of the other animals listed are available as well, some a bit higher in price than in the Northern Cape – best to visit with Ken before booking this hunt.
Limpopo Daily Rate (hunter): $450 Daily rate (non-hunter): $250
- Airline tickets (checked 8/16/2017 and price is running about $1600-2000 per person, Economy right now)- we use a travel agent who books flights for us if you are interested in coordinating air travel with the group.
- Overnight stay in Johannesburg – about $125 per person (includes airport p/u and return the next day to fly to Kimberley where the outfitter picks us up), dinner and breakfast. Cash bar. Gun permits and gun transfers about $135 per gun.
- Any extra animals you shoot (list at bottom of this page – PRICES MAY CHANGE – we will update these prices as we get them)
- Gratuity for PH’s and staff – usually 10-15% of the entire hunt
- Taxidermy & freight back to the USA – CLICK HERE to see a 2015 Karoo Taxidermy Price list to get an idea of the cost of having your mounts done in South Africa – good for estimating overall cost of trip). We use Terry’s Taxidermy in Oklahoma City – we can get you his prices too. Dipping and packing: estimated cost for the package listed above $150-200 per animal total which you won’t have to pay for, for 2-3 months after you’re back
Shipping of the dipped and packed animals: about $100 per animal – again, this is about 6 months after you have returned home
Import fee to Coppersmith: everyone has to pay this to get them back in the USA AFTER they have arrived back in USA, is less than $500 to get to your taxidermist and happens about 9 months after you have returned
- Gun rental $100 per person plus ammo (if you’re not taking guns) OR gun permit costs/handling if you are taking guns (about $200 per person) we assist with paperwork to get the gun permits
- IF YOU WANT TO GO on any of our South Africa hunts – DATES ARE ALREADY BEGINNING TO FILL, you need to let us know dates ASAP and send a $1,500 deposit* per person to hold your spots. (*deposits are non-refundable but can be used based on available space for a different date in 2018 or for a 20% re-booking fee, used in 2019)
- IF YOU BOOK YOUR OWN AIRLINE TICKETS: You will need to coordinate with us on the round-trip flight from JNB-KIM on South African Express airlines. You must be on specific flights with the rest of the group so that you can be picked up and returned with the group. It’s about 1.5 hours from KIM (Kimberley) to the lodge and only 1 trip is made to pick up guests each day.
NEW! Unbelievable prices for 40th Anniversary hunts!
Golden Wildebeest $4,000
Cape Buffalo $11,000
Copper Springbok $950
$4,500 for 5 ANIMALS
INCLUDED ANIMALS IN YOUR $4,500 PACKAGE BELOW:
Ken Mayer has been hunting Africa (dangerous and plains game) since 1978. All American Outfitter (Ken and Roseann Mayer) has been taking clients to hunt South Africa for plains and dangerous game since 2009. Our South Africa hunts are traditional, affordable, offering each hunter the ability to harvest trophy animals. That’s why we’re headed back in May- early June 2018!
Want to see some exciting hunting videos from previous South Africa hunts? Click the HERE!
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT? Below is a simple list of the animals available – if you would like to see photographs and pricing click here: Additional animals can be taken for the trophy fees listed below – based on 2013 prices. You can TRADE OUT animals from your package to these, the trade out values are: Kudu $1000, Gemsbok $700, Blesbok $250, Impala $250 & Springbok $200
Prices below are subject to change without notice – however they should be firm for all 2017 hunts! We will update this list for 2018 ASAP!
WHY GO TO ZA WITH ALL AMERICAN?
- Hunted Africa since 1978
- Hunted with same outfitter, with our clients since 2009
- Ken & Roseann Mayer will be along with you on your trip to assist in any way possible
- Group airline reservations to and from the USA at competitive prices, airport transfers, gun permits, gun transfers in South Africa
- Each trip is carefully planned with the specific game you wish to hunt along with every detail imaginable – electrical adapters, wi-fi, comfortable clothing suggestions, and any questions you might have can be answered within minutes of asking. Detailed information about what to expect each day, food service, obtaining gun permits, etc.
- Exceptional trophy animals on every trip we’ve taken
- Reasonable price for the hunt of a lifetime
- Video some client hunts
- Create and send you a DVD at the end of your trip of all the game on the trips, lodging and meals
Click on the links below for more photos and information on our South Africa hunts
- 2009 South Africa
- 2011 South Africa
- 2013 South Africa
- 2015 South Africa
- 2016 Additonal Animals with photos & Prices
We harvested top notch trophies — the staff was professional and personalized our hunt to our group’s requests. Was the trip fun, exciting, rewarding and more? YES! Would we recommend this outfitter to others? YES!
This hunt and this outfitter is for every hunter…the PRICE is right, the QUALITY of the game seen, harvested and maturing on the hunting ground was exceptional.
Here a few links to helpful information about our South Africa hunts:
- Afton Safari Lodge Where we stay in Johannesburg before leaving to fly the next day to Kimberley, ZA
- Weather in Douglas, South Africa A good resource to monitor the weather prior to departure – it’s winter there even though it’s summer in the USA
- Phone and MiFi device Our source for renting cell phones and mifi devices for a LESS EXPENSIVE alternative to US providers – we’ll give you instructions on how to purchase after you deplane in Johannesburg.
- Our Facebook page with lots of info about our South Africa hunts A place where we post information and photos of our hunters. When you hunt with us in South Africa we’ll post photos every day so your family and friends can keep up with your journey. LIKE the page and share it with your friends and family!